FreePCB is a free, open-source PCB editor for Microsoft Windows, released under the GNU General Public License. It was designed to be easy to learn and easy to use, yet capable of professional-quality work. It does not have a built-in autorouter, but it can use the FreeRoute web-based autorouter at www.freerouting.net
. Some of its features are:
* 1 to 16 copper layers
* Board size up to 60 inches by 60 inches
* Uses English or metric units (i.e. mils or mm) for most functions.
* Footprint libraries courtesy of Ivex Design International Inc.
* Copper fill areas
* Footprint Wizard and Footprint Editor for creating or modifying footprints
* Imports and exports PADS-PCB netlists
* Exports extended Gerber files (RS274X) and Excellon drill files
* Design rule checker
The layout for a small PCB is shown in the screenshot below.